Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yum. Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie (especially around the holidays!) and nothing beats a warm, delcious one straight from the oven! We decided to take this classic cookie and make it in a better-for-you version! Made with good fats, like coconut oil, and natural, alternative sweeteners like honey and coconut sugar. These grainless goodies are a healthier way to satisfy your sweet tooth, keeping your gut happy without throwing your internal microflora out of whack! ;)
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes Approx. 18 cookies
1/3 C. Grass-Fed Butter or Non-Dairy Butter Substitute (if dairy-free)
1 Egg (Preferably organic & pasture-raised!)
2 T. Coconut Oil
1/2 C. Coconut Sugar
2 T. Local Honey
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Almond Flour
1/3 C. Coconut Flour
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 C. Chocolate Chips (Lilly's stevia sweetened are our favorite!)
Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
1. Blend softened butter, coconut oil, and egg in a mixing bowl.
2. Add coconut sugar, honey and vanilla and blend until creamy.
3. In a separate bowl add almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Mix dry into wet ingredients and blend for approx. 30 seconds until it forms a soft dough consistency.
4. Mix in chocolate chips and optional nuts (if desired) into cookie dough.
5. Scoop into 2" balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly brown.
6. Cool on rack then enjoy!
By: Haley Shearer
The Kefir Chicks
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.