Although it may not be official yet, but to us it is already summer! So what could be a better way to enjoy the hot days of summer than with something healthy and delicious to cool you off? Here is a fun recipe that both adults and kids can enjoy and that you can feel good about serving too!
Probiotic Summer Berry Slush
Gluten-Free, Raw, Vegan
Approx. 5-6 Servings
1 c. Water Kefir - Any Flavor
1 c. Fresh or Bottled Grapefruit Juice
1/2 c. Fresh Orange Juice
1 T. Raw, Local Honey (optional)
6 oz Organic Blackberries
2 1/2 - 3 c. Ice Cubes
1 Lime, sliced for garnish
1. Prepare 5 highball glasses by mashing 5-6 blackberries in the bottom of each glass until they become 'jammy'. Set aside.
2. In a blender, combine water kefir, grapefruit juice, orange juice, and honey. Blend until well combined.
3. Add ice to liquid concoction and pulse until it reaches a slushy consistency.
4. Pour over blackberries in each glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
5. Enjoy by the poolside, at a BBQ, or anytime you are in need of a cold, refreshing drink!
By: Haley Shearer
The Kefir Chicks